Today we had a great Valentine's Day with the family. Jason and I cannot wait to give gifts so we exchanged presents at midnight. We did not go all out this year. I got a book, Ghiradelli choc. and card. I gave him Dove truffles and a card. Pretty basic but thoughtful because we know what kind of candy we each love and usually only get it for Valentines day. Anyway this morning as the kids woke up we had them all come into our room and handed them their Valentine treats. Gabriel was so cute because he got candy and two movies, Charlie Brown and a Batman cartoon. He carried his gifts around all morning and would not put them down. The kids made valentines for me and my favorite was from Gillian who wrote me a card that said "You are my favorite Mommy" I know what she meant but it tickled me because , how many mommies does she have? The kids were so great and we all went out to Tokyo Steakhouse and had sushi and tepanyaki. I was a little nervous because they sat a couple who was out for Valentines day with us and I know they were thinking "Oh great we have to spend our date with this family with four kids" but the kids were perfect in the restaurant. I am so proud that they can go out with us and be mature and polite.
On a happy note for those of you who knew Jason was laid off at Christmas he has a new job. It was hard for a little bit because there are not a lot of jobs hiring right now but it seems he has found a great job with a good company and we are so excited for this new chapter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Congrats on the new job! I have been praying for you guys! it sounds like you had a great Valentines. Miss ya, Monica
Ooohhh, that is one of my favorite places to eat! Yum Yum! :)
Congrats on the job! I, too, have been praying for you guys and am so glad it all worked out. Sounds like a great opportunity!
Congratulations to Jason for getting the job. I bet that is a huge relief to have him employed again.
Post a Comment