Monday, March 2, 2009

Bass Lake

This past weekend we went up to Bass Lake with Jason's family. We arrived Saturday afternoon and had a little lunch then headed to find a snow hill. We haven't been to the snow in a while with the kids. I believe this was the first time for Gabriel. All week long he kept saying. "Can we go to the no today?" So finally the day came for our "no" trip. The weather was really mild, we were actually getting hot taking this first picture. Then it was off to find a hill.










We didn't really find a big hill but decent enough for the kids. Then it was back to the cabin for dinner and relaxing for the night.


The next day we decided we would go find some hiking trails. I have been wanting to take the kids hiking for awhile but Jason is always skeptical. We found this little trail only 1/2 mile but it goes to the top of the mountain so it was a decent hike for their first time. We had to go over a stream and climb rocks. There was a few falls and slips but the kids loved it. Everytime Gabriel fell he would get up and say "that was fun".



This was at the top with Bass Lake behind us. It was so pretty.
After the hike we headed down to the lake. The water was really low and the kids played around it for awhile. Jason and I always take a shot like this when we go somewhere???

It was a great weekend. I realized how much of an outdoor girl I am. I always think of myself as a city girl but I would rather be in a cabin in the woods and hiking and biking then down in the city. I am thankful for my family and the fun we always have together.

Also thanks Jim and Ed for letting us use the cabin it was so nice.

4 comments:

Amy Nielson said...

Looks like a very fun time! :)

Marina said...

The best far for me would have been roasting the marshmallows by the fire.

I prefer the outdoors too!

Pugliani Family said...

What a great time! The scenerary is beautiful! Did Gabriel enjoy the "no"?

Scrapally said...

what a fun trip to the "no." When my son was little he called it "the white." I came across your blog via someone elses...but see you have mine on your list! how come you never leave a comment? I guess cuz we're always on facebook huh? :) Allyson