Monday, June 22, 2009

Dance Recital

The girls had their recital this past Saturday and they did an awesome job! I can't believe how talented my girls are. I always get so nervous for them when they perform and this time was no exception. I was excited because this was Gilli's first time ever performing and Chyna has moved up into a lot harder more grown up dancing. Well like I said they did awesome so there was no need for any of us to worry.

Gillian was in a gymnastic class this year. It was more of tumbling and dance combined. She did the most awesome cartwheels I have seen. Definitely the best in the class. She even taught Gabriel to do cartwheels and people are amazed when they see this little 3 year old cartwheeling all over the place. I am just so proud of how far Gillian has come from that little girl that I couldn't pry off of me.

Chyna danced in two classes this year, jazz and hip hop. Her hip hop dance was first and I didn't get any pictures or even record it because once she came out on stage I literally started crying. She was just so great. I know her class was having a little trouble with it but they came though and I love to see that. I love to see her and all my kids progress. Her next dance was jazz and she was awesome of course. I think jazz is her favorite. She did tell me she wanted to do jazz and ballet next year and no hip hop.

It was a special night for me as a mom. I love all my kids so much.





>

4 comments:

RMCarter said...

How fun that must have been to see your girl's up there dancing! If I think about the shy little Gillian that came to primary years ago, I would have been shocked to think she'd be up on stage dancing a couple years later! How awesome! And what a grown up young lady Chyna is becoming. Can't wait to see her in YW!

Scrapally said...

Fun stuff. I remember when my daughter danced in a recital...and she taught her little sister the dance...it was so fun! Precious memories!

Unknown said...

How they have grown !! I remember when you were not much taller then Chyna !! They are beautiful girls !! I love the picture of your mom and dad also !!! Tell your mom to call me !! lol

Marina said...

Love the flowers! Super cool!
You never know...they might be on So You Think You Can Dance one day.