Thursday, March 4, 2010

Young Author's Fair

Savannah and Gillian were both picked to go to the Young Author's Fair this year to represent their school. Jason and I are so proud. Jason went when he was a kid and always told the kids how neat it was. The girls were so excited this morning as they got ready to go. Gillian was picked for a poem she wrote about penguins and Savannah wrote a short story about cats. They always say write about what you love, right?


Chyna was happy when Savannah was picked and then when Gillian was picked she felt a little left out. Although she is so happy for her sisters we had to do a little teasing this morning.



See it's all better. The girls really do love each other and are very supportive. Chyna is a very proud big sister and tries to help them with everything. I love these kids so much!


Here is Gillian's poem:

Penguins in July
By Gillian Manriquez

Waddle waddle waddle near the green tree
Waddle waddle waddle the penguins set free
Waddle waddle waddle the penguins get close to me

Screech screech screech the penguins say to you
Screech screech screech below the sky so blue
Screech screech screech how wonderful are you

Snorkel snorkel snorkel I see the penguins slide
Snorkel snorkel snorkel I see the seal come by
Snorkel snorkel snorkel swim penguin slide

Slide slide slide into the big blue
Slide slide slide I see the penguin come to you
Slide slide slide the penguin screeches to you

Run run run come with me penguin dear
Run run run penguin look over here
Run run run welcome to your new home

I will post a copy of Savannah's story when I get it back.

No comments: