Monday, June 29, 2009

Lots of Dirt!

This past weekend we took a time out from all the heat and went camping at Morro Bay. Oh my gosh how fun it was. We camped right on Morro Strand at it was wonderful. There are so many shells and tide pools, the kids had a blast. Gabriel might have been the exception. As we were walking on the beach he wanted to be carried the whole time we told him no that he had to walk himself and he started crying and screaming " I don't like this it's lots of dirt" then as I finally was carrying him back to the campground he kept saying "dirty, filthy beach." The rest of the weekend it was known as the "scary" beach by him. He did like the "little" beach that was down by Morro Rock. He loved watching the surfers. I will give him a few more visits and I am sure he will start enjoying it.
Oh well here are a lot of pics of the last three days. At the end you will notice some zoo pictures. Well we went to the Atascadero Zoo and let me tell you don't waste your money. They have no "real" zoo animals. They have a lot of turtles a few birds and I think a lemur was the most exciting. I think it took a whole 15 minutes to walk around and that was with us stalling and using the restroom. I had to put the kids in a cage and tell them to be monkeys. That was the most exciting part. Anyway I hope y'all enjoy the pictures.































4 comments:

The Lehnick Family said...

Looks like lots of fun! And some nice cool weather...great pics of all the kids too!

Marina said...

I can't believe Gabriel doesn't like the beach! or dirt for that matter! Jason, you have failed your son! LOL...glad the others had a good time. =)

Tricia said...

How fun!! I like that the girls have empty Dr. Pepper bottles next to them:) I have actually been there- ages ago. Take care.

Pugliani Family said...

That looks like so much fun! I noticed that everyone was wearing sweatshirts! That must be a nice change from the heat! I love that you took Dr. Pepper on your camping trip. That ia a staple, right up there with bread!