Saturday, July 17, 2010
Happy Birthday To Me! I Am Now 33!
Friday the 16th was my 33rd birthday. As an adult I have given up on fun birthday surprises. I am mostly planning Gillian's birthday party, summer trips, girls camp etc. So a dinner out with the family is good enough for me. This year was a bit different. I actually wanted to stay home and just eat there and relax. We were heading for Disneyland a day later so I thought lets just hang out at home for the night. My request was ignored so I went with it. The kids love to pamper me so I thought they really wanted to take me out. Everyone was kind of acting weird. My girls faces had a giggle about them all day. I thought something was up but then again my kids are always weird so I didn't put much thought to it.
We had a nice dinner and I got some pretty flowers.
And then we decided to head home and relax. As I walk into the house I see this cheesecake (of course it wasn't half eaten at the time) sitting on my counter. I couldn't figure out how Jason got it there. Then I see two purses and I kind of started to get nervous from the anxiety of someone being in my house. And then two crazy ladies jump out and yell "surprise"!
I was scared but for many reasons, first that is just scary people jumping out at you when you come home, and second I was so afraid there were more people. After I scanned the living room and noticed it was just them I was relieved. That really is my worst nightmare a big surprise party. But this was a really nice surprise. I was so surprised Amy and Michelle would go to all that effort to make my birthday special. We ate some of the delicious cheesecake and then they treated me to the movies and a pedicure. The kids were so excited that they were able to keep a secret from me. They have never been able to surprise me because I am so sneaky and figure everything out. I must say they did it this year. I am so grateful to a great husband, kids, and friends who make me feel loved. Oh yeah that cheesecake is the most delicious thing ever, thanks Michelle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Woo woo!!! That was a fun night! :)
Happy birthday old lady! I am glad that you updated your blog!
Post a Comment