Sunday, July 6, 2008

20 YEAR TAG

20 YEARS AGO... (1988)

I was living in Fresno,CA. I was excited about turning 11 (my b-day is July 16th) My first niece Patrice was born and we went to Colorado to see her and visit my sister and brother in law. I got a crimper for my hair and shopped in a Wal Mart for the first time.

10 YEARS AGO... (1998)

There were a lot of changes that year. My first daughter Chyna was born. I moved from California to Shaw AFB, SC. I was in the Shaw AFB military branch ( BTW that's where I met Marina, thanks for making me do this) Jason was baptized that year and we were sealed together the following year. I served in the YW Presidency and on Stake camp committees. I don't remember being into anything I was just trying to adjust to marriage, a new state, and being a mom.

5 YEARS AGO...(2003)

I had three girls by then. My oldest daughter started Kindergarten. I was living in Utah at Hill AFB. I was YW President in our ward. I loved the area we lived in and traveled around a lot. I got to know my extended family in Utah better and miss them. Especially my cousin Leanne. I went to the gym a lot with my friend Desna and was into scrap booking, stamping, and really most crafts at that time.

1 YEAR AGO...(2007)

I celebrated my 30th birthday and my 10th anniversary. I had four kids, finally a boy came along. All three girls were in school. Gabriel was in the terrible two phase. I was going to college full time at night. I served as Enrichment Leader in our ward. I took Chyna to Hollywood to see "Wicked" for my birthday. I loved it so much I took Jason back for our Anniversary. I volunteered every Friday in Gillian's Kinder class.

IN 2008...

I started the year out in college but stopped again in April. I hope to finish someday. I was still volunteering at the kids school. I was called to be the 2nd counselor in the stake camp presidency. I was also called to teach the 10 year olds in primary. I reunited with my best friends from Utah in Vegas.

YESTERDAY...

I slept in late because we didn't get home from my sisters 4th of July party til 3:30 in the morning. I spent the day buying all the last minute things I need for YW camp. I went to my brother in laws for dinner and to watch the UFC fights. I also watched Nascar. (Dale Jr. came in 8th and Kyle Bush won-BOO!!)

TODAY...

I went to church and taught my class. I came home and finished packing for camp. That's about it. Sundays are pretty boring around here.

TOMORROW...

I will be at YW camp. I have to get up there early to set up and prepare for the girls. I hope I don't forget anything!

IN THE NEXT YEAR...

I will go to Vegas and visit my friends the Wolfe's. Although Gillian said she is scared of wolves and didn't want to go. I thought it was funny. Jason and I will go to Hawaii. I plan on going to work somewhere this fall. I hope to be more efficient and organized so I do not always feel overwhelmed. I would also like to be better at my blog and keeping in touch with my friends because it is hard when they are all over the world. The most important thing I would love to do this year is go on dates with my husband because we never get to go out together.

I hope that I did this okay because I did it in such a hurry. The only person I know that has a blog and hasn't done this is Monica so you're tagged!

4 comments:

Marina said...

OMG, flashback...crimper! LOL I can't believe you went to Wal-Mart for the first time then. Crazy. When are y'all heading for HI? Make sure you go to the Polynesian Cultural Center (The best thing on Oahu) and Hanauma Bay (2nd best). You will LOVE it! Expensive, but fun. And, that is just too cute about your daughter being scared of wolves. LOL Tell her we won't bite.

Liz Ann said...

Hey, I don't know if you remember me or not, but I am Marina's little sister. When I checked on Marina's blog the other day and saw the pics...I was like hey, I know them! How have you been? It seems like you are starting to enjoy YW camp more. Hopefully Marina & I broke you in on your first time =)

Carla said...

Hey Liz Ann,
I do remember you, we were talking about you this weekend while I was at your sisters. Nothing bad though. I love girls camp, it was my first time going as a leader when Marina and I went and did crafts but I have been almost every year since as a leader. I am in the Stake YW Camp Presidency and it is great to be able to plan it all year. We are actually already starting on next years camp theme just a week after finishing camp. Crazy! Well it is great to catch up with people isn't it?

Liz Ann said...

I was wondering why my nose was itching like crazy last week..jk. Yes it is good to keep in touch