Saturday, January 31, 2009

Phantom of the What?????

Last night Jason and I went to see Phantom of the Opera down in Hollywood. The day was wonderful. It is so nice to be able to get away for the day. (Thanks Mom and Dad for watching all the kids over night)

Jason and I right before leaving. We are so excited to be getting a date alone for more than two hours.


































Of course our dining of choice in Hollywood Pink's Hot Dogs. I know, I know why out of all the places to eat in Hollywood do we eat at a hot dog stand? Because it is the best ever. Why do you think there is always a huge line. Luckily there was not a bad line this time. We have waited over an hour before.














Here we are waiting for Phantom of the Opera to start. I love going to plays and am so thankful my husband supports me. He is getting into them and I think he liked Phantom a little more than me.



















Okay now for my problem. I just did not "get it". Maybe I was over thinking it, maybe my head cold was interfering with my enjoyment of it. I just could not understand one word that they were saying. I think I don't like opera music. It is too much concentrating on what the heck they are singing about. It all sounded like jibberish to me. I think I will have to see it again. Maybe I will have to go to Vegas and see it with Marina so she can answer my questions. I know so many of you like it and are thinking I am weird but sorry I did not "get it" that 's all I can say. I did however enjoy myself. It was a fun day and I love the theatre. I have never seen a play I didn't like (well except for Peter Pan that I had to walk out of because of the foul language) so I am keeping this open to further interpretation.
Anyways we ended the night with Pinkberry. Yum!

3 comments:

RMCarter said...

Okay... some comments: :)
1. I have always wanted to try Pink's hot dogs, but I always forget to go when I am near Hollywood. I'm guessing they are as good as everyone says??
2. I saw Phantom when I was young and loved it. I think the reason was I had listened to the music over and over, thus I knew most every word and the entire storyline. I think that helped me A LOT. The music is kind of 'opera-y', but if you know the words ahead of time, maybe that's better? Just a thought.
3. Peter Pan with foul language? Huh?
4. LOVE Pinkberry!

Carla said...

Michelle, I took Chyna to see this Peter Pan play. It was a local professional group and when "Peter" went backstage to change scenes her microphone was still on and she was cussing up a storm and everyone in the audience could hear. It was horrible. Chyna and I just got up and left.
Oh and Pink's is really good. Jason and I eat there every time we are down there. You have to make it. There is a Pinkberry next door so you can have your dinner and dessert. Perfect date.

Pugliani Family said...

Lucky! I LOVE the Phantom of the Opera! Of course, the movie is wonderful and the guy that plays the phantom, Gerard Butler, is the reason that I love it. Have you seen the movie? I wonder if it is the same music? I love the music for the movie but they don't do it too opery. Either way, I am glad that you had a great time with your hubby! Miss ya!
By the way, did you see any celebrities?