Friday, June 20, 2008

Wild Water





Well today the temperature hit 105 degrees so we finally decided to go to the local water park. We actually bought season passes a while ago but we haven't had a free day yet to go. Luckily this weekend we have absolutely nothing going on so it was the perfect weekend to hit these high temps. Tomorrow it is supposed to be 106 so I think we will go back. Anyway we had a nice time Jason's brother Justin, fiance Lesa and our little nephew Justin went with us. In the pictures you can see Chyna, Savannah and Justin going down the raft together. The other one is Jason and his brother Justin. For some reason they were embarrassed to ride together so I had to take a picture. Later I took that raft up with the kids by myself and it weighs a ton and it is awkward to carry up a hill so it took forever. I won't be doing that again. Anyway Gillian and Gabriel are not tall enough for the big rides so we hung out in the adventure bay area. Actually Gabriel hung out on the side of the pool as you can see in the picture. None of my kids really like the water when they are little. Our most exciting part of the day was after lunch the kids decided to go down the slides in the pool area. Well most of the pools at the end of the slides are 3-4 ft deep. The kids went on these slides that had a 9 ft deep pool at the end. Savannah went down and hit the water and I think it scared her that she went under so far and she freaked. We were still sitting at the picnic table not to far away and here comes Savannah with a lifeguard. I feel so bad because my first thought was Oh no what did Savannah do now? And don't judge me because for those of you who know her you would of been thinking that too. After all she was my kid who almost got suspended in first grade for having another kid hold down a third grader and Savannah started punching her repetitively. Savannah is just feisty. So I thought oh great she did something bad and now were going to be kicked out of the park. But no, they just had to have me fill out an accident report for the lifeguard jumping in and saving her. She was a little freaked and I felt bad for automatically thinking the worst but like I said for those of us who know her...

Anyway we had a fun day and we didn't even feel the heat so it may be our home away from home this summer.

1 comment:

Marina said...

That looks like sooo much fun! I wish we had something like that here. Our temps are just as high, but nothing around to cool us down. Anyway, that is hillarious about Savannah punching someone in first grade. My Gabriel is just as fiesty. He has been in several fights. He NEVER backs down from anyone. But, that's not surprising considering he has two older brothers who pick on him relentlessly.