Monday, September 29, 2008

11 Years Deserves a Relaxing Weekend


Well this past weekend Jason and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. We decided to head over to the central coast. We stayed in a bed and breakfast (our first one ever, Desna should be so proud) only because the reviews were so great and it turned out to be fantastic. We had the master suite so it was two floors the bedroom and the attic which they made into a living room with a private bath. I don't share baths with strangers so that was a must. The owner was great and they had a cook who made the neatest breakfasts and she was very funny. She also made homemade fudge that she put out everyday. So we really enjoyed the B and B.

Splash Cafe is always our first stop when we head to Pismo Beach. Of course our families know all about it but to our friends this is a MUST when you come to California. They have the Best clam chowder. You can even buy it at Costco now but I like the original restaurant.
We made a great find on the trip and that was Jocko's Steakhouse. Or should I say Jocko's Cocktails. It is this little dive bar looking thing that we would never attempt to go in if everyone didn't talk about how good the food was. The Inn keeper made us a reservation for Saturday night and it was by far the best steak I or Jason have ever eaten. I don't know if you can tell by the picture but the steak is a good 1 1/2" if not thicker and I ordered the small. We had never heard of it before but I saw some reviews on the internet and then once we got down there everyone was talking about it. People were waiting up to 4 hours stand by just to eat there. Luckily we had reservations. The people were looking at me weird taking this picture but I wanted to share it with everyone.



Our weekend was so relaxing, of course we did a lot more than just eat but good food is always a plus. We walked along the beach, went to Solvang, ( a Danish town) went to the movies and basically just did whatever WE wanted to. Something we don't get to do usually.

2 comments:

Marina said...

Happy anniversary! Sounds like a fun weekend. I've never been to a B&B either. One day...

alisa said...

How fun! Happy Anniversary!! I love the zoo post too! Gabriel is adorable! So fun to do one on one things with just him. Sure miss you friend!