Today I was in charge of sharing time in Primary. After four weeks of the same topic I was trying to think outside of the box. I thought about when we were little and would make Christmas chains in school to countdown til Christmas. So I decided to make a Christmas chain to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas. I followed things from a talk by Pres. Hinkley last year and then added some scriptures to read and other acts of service. So as they rip off the links each day there is something for them to do to reflect on the "true" meaning of Christmas. The kids absolutely loved it. I think it is always good to have fun and Santa and presents but we always need to remember
the reason for Christmas.
Here is Savannah showing off her chain.


5 comments:
What a great idea! What did you use? By the way, it was great talking to you until 1:30 A.M.!Miss ya!
Cute new pictures! Chad would love a blow up holiday decoration. Great idea for the paper chain.
Monica, I used a talk out of the New Era last year given by Pres. Hinkley. I took some quotes and scripture references he used and broke them up for each day. I also just added some generic stuff like spend family time or write a letter to a family member. Just to make sure each day they are doing something to remind them of Christ or Christ's service.
Ingenius! I love it!
Love it....I think I will use it SUnday for sharing time myself! Thanks!
Post a Comment